Saturday, October 19, 2013

Georgia, I Swear I've Never Seen Such A Smile

Gorgeous. Enough to make an angel's heart run wild
Your lazy eyes and small-town lies  Have got me in your spell
Your drive-in boys and back-seat noise  And oh, you learned so well
Oh, oh, oh, so how was I to know  You got me, you got me right now
Georgia, we will be together, dear  If they ever let me out of here
They will say that it's not true  But I did it all for you
Georgia, won't you tell them for me dear
Georgia, your daddy was high the night he dreamed up you
Georgia, the stars were flyin' the night that you came through
Crystal sea of lights  Oh, what a nice surprise
Oh, oh, oh, and now I miss you so   But baby, I'm comin' back to you
Georgia, we will be together, dear  If they ever let me out of here
They will say that it's not true  But I did it all for you
Georgia, won't you tell them for me dear
Georgia, we will be together dear (oh, my dear)
If they ever let me out of here